Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Peruvian Alfajores with homemade Dulce de leche


Hi I made these this morning, I had my four little taste testers running around me asking me mommy is it my turn to taste test this one ? lol God I love them so much !!! Well I had this recipe for awhile now , my husband brought it back from a long time family friend, his mom and aunt came up with it and wow .... my husband was in peru last summer for a few weeks and bought me some and I was blown away with their texture and taste .. so I sat around being scared of this recipe because for one it was in spanish, and two it was in the metric system... Math not my strongest skill... so I finally said to myself, well hey trial and error right ? so I brought out the kitchen scale and weighted everything like 10 x just to " make sure " I was doing it right ... and said a quick prayer before I mixed up the dough... well guess what they came out SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.... I am so proud of myself, the kids loved them so much they were licking their fingers and smiling with powder sugar all over their faces hahahaha... the joys of being their mom.....

No comments:

Post a Comment